Dog bites are hazardous because bacteria in a dog's mouth can cause serious infections in humans. Approximately 50% of dog bites can result in rabies, tetanus, and other infections. These can, however, be avoided if properly treated.
Our sponsored children live in an open area. They are almost always surrounded by stray dogs. As a result, the children are constantly at risk of being bitten by a stray dog. These dogs are not always fully vaccinated. Therefore, if any of these dogs bite someone, they risk being infected. In these circumstances, it is crucial that our children understand how to obtain first aid after being bitten by a dog. They learned some important steps to take if they or anyone around them is bitten during our dog bite awareness program. They also raised awareness in their community so that everyone is aware of these steps.